Software engineer with agile software testing and development experience comes up to speed quickly. Recognized by supervisors for initiative, teamwork, intellect, organizational abilities, and meticulous attention to detail.
Software development engineer in test
Amazon Lab126 • August 2016–present
- Develops and maintains Python code.
Amazon Lab126 • September 2013–August 2016
- Wrote SDK and API documentation for Amazon services and devices.
- Used Git for version control. Past experience with Subversion.
- Used Pandoc and Markdown to single-source documentation artifacts.
- Proficient at hand-coding HTML and CSS with a text editor.
Technical writer (contractor)
Apple, Inc. • March 2013–September 2013
- Performed code reviews on Java programs to document them for an internal engineering audience.
Web content manager
Hoover Institution, Stanford University • June 2007–March 2013
- Responsible for running the Hoover Institution web site.
- Single-handedly migrated entire web site from a proprietary software-as-a-service platform to Drupal 6 (PHP and MySQL) in six months. Successfully imported ~30,000 Drupal nodes from data contained in XML files.
Senior technical writer
San Diego Supercomputer Center • January 2006–April 2007
- Created, edited, and maintained all documentation for five software packages as sole senior technical writer for the George E. Brown, Jr. Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation Cyberinfrastructure Center (NEESit).
- Documented non-customer-facing products and procedures as necessary.
- Documentation included easy-to-understand user and administrator manuals, product installation guides, articles for web-based tech support knowledgebase, and training videos.
- Excelled at finding hard-to-detect software bugs while conducting product familiarization testing. Added immeasurable value to the project by preventing complex issues from negatively affecting users.
National Technologies Associates, Inc. • September 2005–January 2006
- Created significant portions of an owner's manual for the Cabo 48 Flybridge fishing boat.
- Worked as part of a team to produce aircraft rewiring manuals for the U.S. Navy.
- Used Broadvision Quicksilver and Adobe Framemaker.
Lieutenant (O-3), Naval Aviator
United States Navy • July 2000–June 2005
- SH-60F and HH-60H helicopter aircraft commander.
- Graduated first in class from helicopter pilot training.
- Supervised 35 aircraft electricians, avionics technicians, and aviation ordnance personnel as avionics/armament division officer. Additionally supervised eight administrative personnel, including three IT specialists, as personnel officer.
- M.S., software engineering, Carnegie Mellon University. August 2014.
- Certificate in information systems and operations, Naval Postgraduate School. June 2004.
- B.A., cum laude, with distinction in music and minor in computer science, Colby College. May 2000.